CBE’s Inclusive Education department is raising funds to focus on academic and sensory learning support resources to allow all learners to be successful in showing what they know. The Inclusive Education team is made up of Learning Leader Teachers who provide intensive short-term support in classrooms.
Our teachers work with a wide array of students, often supporting neuro-diverse learners from grades 1-12 in all CBE schools. The Inclusive Education team is made up of six teachers, and much of our work supports regulation, academic learning supports, emotional/social development, communication, and peer relationships.
Materials we will be purchasing through this campaign include things such as:
- – Materials to support tactile learning systems
- – Materials to provide opportunities and develop fine motor skills
- – Laminating plastic to utilize schedules and visual supports in learning environments – shared with schools
- – Sensory supports that reduce anxiety and provide acceptable ways to engage in public settings
- – Sensory supports accommodations to the learning setting (seating, writing, lighting, etc.)
- – Low-tech feedback devices that support routines that encourage engagement and routine
- – Organizational supports to compartmentalize learning equipment and activities
These items will be used within classrooms and schools with students who struggle to learn in typical means and settings. We focus on developing learning environments and activities to support student success alongside their peers in their community schools.
Please provide your contact and payment information below. Your contact details are required to generate an electronic tax receipt, which will be sent to the email address that you provide. EducationMatters is a charitable registration #898887005RR0001. Tax receipts will be provided for donations greater than $20.