EducationMatters offers program grants to innovative public education enhancement programs to help elementary and secondary school students in the Calgary Board of Education (CBE), excel and enrich their learning experiences.
Support may be given to pilot programs, ongoing programs or one-time initiatives and an entire program OR a key element of a program may receive funding. These programs should address our priorities and have a direct impact on Calgary Board of Education (CBE) students. Preference will be given to programs/initiatives that are sustainable and adapted to a very broad student population. Certain training, fees, equipment, and supply costs may receive funding, but general operating costs will not be supported.
While priority is given to Calgary Board of Education (CBE) enhancement programs/initiatives (delivered by CBE departments, management, or schools), consideration will be given to applications from any group or organization with a registered charitable status that provides or manages a program(s) or initiative(s) that support CBE students, keeping in mind that ALL programs/projects MUST have the support of an authorized “signing authority” within the CBE (e.g. Superintendent, Principal, Director).
– Be a CBE school or registered nonprofit
– Have the support of an authorized CBE signing authority
– Fit one of our key areas for support: Curriculum Enhancements, Financial & Basic Needs, Exceptional & Special Needs, or Career & Life Skills
– Be willing and able to report back on the outcome of any project or initiative receiving a grant
To learn more about applying for grants and to submit an application visit our Grant Opportunities page.
IMPORTANT: If you are a registered charity, you must enter your organization’s Registered Charitable Number. If you do not know your organization’s registration number, contact your organization’s executive director or accountant. All applications MUST have the support of an authorized “signing authority” within the Calgary Board of Education (e.g. Superintendent, Principal, Director) who approves of the program/project and is willing to sign off on the application.
Program grant dollars typically range from $1,000 – $25,000, and are made available through donor funding.
– Funding is not guaranteed unless you have funds that have been specifically designated to your school by a donor
– Grants are awarded based on available grant dollars and the program’s/project’s alignment with EducationMatters’ mission & mandate
– For reporting purposes, applicants should establish a baseline (or beginning reference point) of information that can be used for comparison when evaluating the overall impact and success of the program/project
– Additional funding for the same program will be considered but program managers are encouraged to develop a plan of support beyond our initial grant
Join the community in Calgary and help enhance educational opportunities for our students.Donate Now!