Bridlewood School was one of 6 new elementary schools to open in the Calgary Board of Education in September 2010. Bridlewood School is a large, single story accessible building. The modern building is bright, open and constructed to LEED Silver standards (an international environmental building standard). There are 12 classrooms in the core building and 12 relocatable classrooms to accommodate our growing population. Common areas within the school provide places for meeting, sharing and creating in small groups and large school-wide presentations. Students access a well resourced Learning Commons. A large gymnasium, traverse wall, compound with line games, field and several soccer pitches are available for Physical Education and less structured, active times.
- Kindergarten through Grade 6 for students who reside in the community of Bridlewood
- Learning Commons is well resourced with print and digital resources
- High-level use of technology and digital media to advance student learning is a key component of Bridlewood School
- An instructional stance towards inquiry where students explore questions requiring intellectual rigour
- Full-time Music Specialist
- Full-time Information Literacy/English a Second Language Teacher
- Active encouragement of parent volunteers
- Active School (Parent) Council
- Well resourced technology tools easily accessible to students and staff
- Lunch Hour supervision program available for Grade 1-6 students on a drop-in or full-time basis (fee for service)
The Bridlewood School Enhancement Fund supports enhancement projects, programs and initiatives at Bridlewood School agreed upon by the Calgary Board of Education and the Trust in consultation with the Bridlewood School Parents Society.