When you visit Sunnyside School, you see a lovely, well cared for vintage building: children’s art work and projects on display/ a bright, sunny courtyard with multi-aged groups of children working and learning together. You will hear the sounds of music, voices of engaged learners, people helping one another and people caring for one another.
The Sunnyside School Endowment Fund supports enhancement programs, projects and initiatives at Sunnyside Community School agreed upon by the Calgary Board of Education and the Trust, in consultation with Sunnyside Community School Parent’s Council, having regard to the mandate of the Trust and appropriate to the intent and purpose of the donors. The grants shall be made to assist with operating and capital expenses not covered by other sources of funding.
Sunnyside School is a warm, caring, respectful environment that supports diversity and fosters creative thinking.
- Small size promotes a unique family atmosphere.
- Close proximity to downtown Calgary means we have easy access to Prince’s Island, the Glenbow Museum, City Hall, SAIT swimming pool, Science Centre, the Calgary Zoo and the EPCOR Centre for the Performing Arts, all of which are used to enrich student’s learning.
- Three naturalized areas highlight our outdoor space. Riverstone Park, Prairie Patch, and Aspen Woodland were developed between 1998 and 2002 and represent the flora and geography of Alberta. Children are frequently observed in these areas involved in creative play activities inspired by their surroundings.
- A large creative playground was constructed in June 2004.
- A private Before and After School Care Program and a Pre-Kindergarten Program for 3- and 4-year-olds providing additional family supports in our building.
Please provide your contact and payment information below. Your contact details are required to generate an electronic tax receipt, which will be sent to the email address that you provide. EducationMatters is a charitable registration #898887005RR0001. Tax receipts will be provided for donations greater than $20.