Ways to Direct Your Gift
EducationMatters offers two types of funds: Endowment Funds and Flow-Though Funds.
Endowment funds preserve the principal gift in perpetuity and create a legacy. Grants are made from interest earned on the principal over the years.
Flow-through funds are spent within two years and are immediately put towards projects to support students.
Funds can be directed one of four ways:
- Discretionary (directed towards areas of greatest need); for more information, see Public Education Enhancement Flow Thru Fund
- Field of interest/donor directed
- Designated/school specific
- Student awards
For a list of current funds and campaigns click here
It’s your donation. Choose how you want to use it.
- Contribute any amount to any one of our existing funds.
- Start a new fund with a minimum contribution of $5,250. Tell us what you are interested in supporting.
- Support one of our three pillars – Literacy, Leadership, Life Transitions or GREATEST NEED.
- Build our school community by supporting Schools Helping Schools or student awards.
In 2017, EducationMatters plans to raise $1,680,000 at an estimated cost of $215,000. For more information, please contact Marilyn Field, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-817-7465.