Since 2004, the Cornerstone Endowment Fund has enhanced the education for approximately 5000 economically disadvantaged students. These programs enrich and expand the learning of these students and encourage them to complete their studies and graduate high school.
The enhancements supported by the Cornerstone Fund support students above and beyond the core curriculum. EducationMatters work closely with the Calgary Board of Education, leaders in Calgary’s education sector, and our Grants Committee to review and evaluate programs for funding support. We give priority to programs that are innovative, address critical issues and needs, have system-wide potential and that REALLY do make a difference.
The Cornerstone Endowment Fund has supported projects that:
- Bring pediatric and child psychiatric outreach services to under-served elementary children
- Help special needs students transition into high school by utilizing online learning opportunities
- Provide nutritious meals for hungry CBE students
- Prevent at-risk children from dropping out of school or entering the justice system
- Arrange for remedial courses through summer school programs
- Make musical instruments available to students with financial need
- Provide dual language books for English Language Learners
- Provide students living in shelters transportation to and from school
If you would like to support the Cornerstone Fund, please click here.