Bowness High School is a school rich in history, memories and achievements over the decades. Since it’s opening in the Easter of 1956, Bowness has been a place of change and development. The community of Bowness was not annexed into the City of Calgary until sometime in the early 1960’s. Before that, Bowness served as a Junior and Senior high school for the town of Bowness. All of the feeder communities which provide students to Bowness, such as Silver Springs and Scenic Acres, began to take shape in the mid-to-late 1970’s, during the oil boom of Calgary. Later joined by Arbour Lake, and even newer communities such as Tuscany. The Trojan Spirit at Bowness has remained the same though, through the ages of the hippies, generation X and present.
The Bowness High School Enhancement Fund supports enhancement programs, projects and initiatives at Bowness High School agreed upon by the Calgary Board of Education and EducationMatters, having regard to the mandate of the Trust and appropriate to the intent and purpose of the donors. The grants shall be made to assist with operating and capital expenses not covered by other sources of funding.