Applying for a Student Award
*The 2016/2017 Student Award Competition Is Now OPEN!!*
Steps for applying for a student award
First, check both 2017 Listing of Awards spreadsheets for an overview of all our awards.
2017 Listing of System Wide Student Awards – CBE students – *UPDATED APRIL 25*
- FOR SYSTEM WIDE AWARDS, check the Terms of Reference for each award to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and to determine if any additional application documents are required.
- Reference the Award Applicant’s Handbook for tips and suggestions for successful completion of your application.
- Fill out the correct 2017 General Application Form. You can type in these applications!
For SCHOOL SPECIFIC awards, complete the school specific application attached to the Terms of Reference included with the awards for which you are applying. Students should complete all required areas. Submit your application to the Scholarship Coordinator at your school
Other Important Points
- Students applying for an award that requires demonstrated financial need as a criteria must include a Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Tax Assessment form for the applicant (where applicable) as well as each parent/guardian for the income year(s) specified.
- Be sure to attach all required documents (e.g. essays, letters of references, transcripts).
- Please ensure your name is on ALL additional documents.
- For essays, please ensure the name of the award is clearly visible at the top of the essay and that you do not exceed the maximum word length; include a word count at the bottom of the page.
- Submit all completed application packages to the Scholarship Coordinator at your school.
- There are six awards with a deadline of May 1 – Applications must be submitted to your school’s scholarship coordinator for review and signature. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO EDUCATIONMATTERS. Scholarship Coordinators will collect all applications and submit them to EducationMatters. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered in the award selection process
- Most scholarship deadlines are May 30. Again, these applications must be submitted to your school’s Scholarship Coordinator.
CLICK HERE to view EducationMatters 2017 student awards presentation which includes more information!
Received an award? Find out how to claim your money by reading the Information for Award Holders document.
Show your appreciation with a letter of thanks!
Please be sure to show your appreciation by writing a letter of thanks to the donor that made your award possible. You may send the letter in care of EducationMatters and we will ensure that your letter is forwarded on your behalf. Recipients may also wish to include photos or show their appreciation by creating a thank you video for the donor(s). Be creative!